Re: More uh. yep. Dynamic Board stuff.

From: Akuma/Chris Baggett/DOOMer (doomer@BAYOU.COM)
Date: 03/04/98

At 05:04 PM 3/4/98 -0500, you wrote:
>  while ((tilde = strchr(str, '~')))
>    *tilde = ' ';
>
>If anyone thinks that's too drastic, gripe now. :)

*gripe gripe gripe* *moan groan*

ok, now that that's out.

why not just use a show_tilde() function in fread_string,
and use a hide_tilde() function in strip_string (or strip_cr() whatever)
(Warning: Mailer Code that may be incorrect in the loop sections)
__ db.c __

#define HIDDEN_TILDE  '\a'     // alarm bell (it should be allowed in ascii
files.

void hide_tilde(char *str)
{

for (;str && *str; str++)
    if (*str == '~')
       *str = HIDDEN_TILDE;
}

void show_tilde(char *str)
{

for (;str && *str; str++)
   if (*str == HIDDEN_TILDE)
}

that's my $((1 << 1)/100.0) worth
Code On
Akuma the Raging Coder

  | "The poets talk about love, but what I talk about is DOOM, |
  |      because in the end, DOOM is all that counts." -       |
  |   Alex Machine/George Stark/Stephen King, The Dark Half    |
  |        "Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE, Just IMPROBABLE"            |
  |   "Easier Said Than Done, But Better Done Than Said..."    |