Re: ~'s

From: Tony Robbins (tonyr@NWPACLINK.COM)
Date: 03/04/98

George wrote:

> Actually, I made it optional to erase tildes after I realized nothing in
> stock code cares. :)  I'll let the various (*cough* *cough*) OLC systems
> decide how to do it.
>
> I also changed the comment:
>
>   /*
>    * Erase any ~'s inserted by people in the editor.  This prevents anyone
>    * using online creation from causing parse errors in the world files.
>    * Derived from an idea by Sammy <samedi@dhc.net> (who happens to like
>    * his tildes thank you very much.), -gg 2/20/98
>    */

I'm trying to make it so that http://blah.com/~mud will work instead of
an alternate.
Do tildes only affect room/obj/mob/script/shp/zon/etc files at the end
or start of a line?
If so, then it wouldn't be very difficult.  Note the above sentence
should be intentionally affect.
For example...

This is~a room.  Should display how that is typed, not as a crash, while
~
This is a room
or
This is a room~
will work fine.  Is this coming across okay?
(Learning two languages at once is hell... C and Spanish!)
-B.