Re: ~'s

From: Akuma/Chris Baggett/DOOMer (doomer@BAYOU.COM)
Date: 03/04/98

At 11:43 PM 3/4/98 -0500, you wrote:
>If someone mails me the show/hide_tilde() functions, I'll consider them and
>your (tested version) patch. (If people really want it, they'll send it.)

Here's my actual version.

// this should be allowable on Win95 systems
#define HIDDEN_TILDE '\257'   // MACRON (man iso_8859_1)

void hide_tilde( char *str )
{
    for ( ; *str != '\0'; str++ )
        if ( *str == '~' )
            *str = HIDDEN_TILDE;

    return;
}

void show_tilde( char *str )
{
    char *bufptr;

    bufptr = str;
    for ( ; *bufptr != '\0'; bufptr++ )
    {
        if ( *bufptr == HIDDEN_TILDE )
            *bufptr = '~';
    }
    *bufptr = '\0';

}

at the end of fread_string add this right before the "return rslt;" line
(i'm not sure if i still have stock fread_string or not
( but add this before the last return whatever; and replace the "rslt"s with
  "whatever"
if (rslt && *rslt)
   show_tilde(rslt);

and at the end (right before the last '}') add this in strip_string or
strip_cr()
whichever one has the actual code in it.

hide_tilde(buffer);   // i think buffer is right

btw, seeing as how sedit.cpp doesn't use strip_string you might wanna
do an explicit hide_tilde() on the string's that are saved ala fread()
(Btw my room saving code is different, so you may need to do an
 explicit hide_tilde() on anything that requires a '~' to end it)

but I blabber.

Code On
Akuma the Raging Coder

  | "The poets talk about love, but what I talk about is DOOM, |
  |      because in the end, DOOM is all that counts." -       |
  |   Alex Machine/George Stark/Stephen King, The Dark Half    |
  |        "Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE, Just IMPROBABLE"            |
  |   "Easier Said Than Done, But Better Done Than Said..."    |