Re: Invasions

From: Wesley Fonvergne (tadrith@GATEKEEP.NET)
Date: 03/05/98

        The reason I wanted it to get the nearest player was so that I don't have
a MOB in zone 10 trekking all the way across the continent to kill a player
in zone 311. Not to mention, I don't want all the MOBs focusing on one
player...if there are three players in a zone, the players should be
attacked by whatever is closest to it, instead of everything ganging up on
one poor innocent. Yes, I may try that...it sounds like a great idea.
(referring to below. :))

>     I have added mobvals list the object GET_OBJ_VAL to the mob structure
>     for storing things like this.  Is working great... So far I have most
>     of my special procs based this ways and the builders can set specials
>     and these MOB_VAL's through the OLC.  is a great time savings for me,
>     and instant gratification for them.
>     --Angus

                [ Tadrith Skandrakae, Implementor of Dreamscape ]
                [     - telnet://mud.dreamscape.org:1234/ -     ]
                ["I lay my dreams before your feet;             ]
                [    tread softly, for you tread on my dreams.  ]