Memory overflow

From: Chuck Reed (creed@I-55.COM)
Date: 03/05/98

Heowdy again.

I've searched through my code, and although I've found where a few buffers
may have been overwritten, my mud is still crashing at different points
when people try to get on.  Here's what i get when i run it in gdb:

0x4004e875 in strcat ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x4004e875 in strcat ()
#1  0x0 in ?? ()
(gdb) list
175        date.day   = time_info.day;
176        fwrite(&date,sizeof(struct time_write),1,f);
177        fclose(f);
178     }
179
180
181     int main(int argc, char **argv)
182     {
183       char buf[512];
184       int pos = 1;
(gdb) print d
No symbol "d" in current context.
(gdb) print ch
No symbol "ch" in current context.
(gdb) print local
No symbol "local" in current context.
(gdb) show local
Undefined show command: "local".  Try "help show".
(gdb) show locals
Undefined show command: "locals".  Try "help show".
(gdb)

CHuck