Re: Redit and Oasis

From: Tony Robbins (tonyr@NWPACLINK.COM)
Date: 03/07/98

Fili wrote:

> In what file, and in what function would I add the code to handle the
> arguements passed to redit in a manner not unlike the way it handles
> name (IAW - Where would I add code which would allow a user to type in a
> string (like they already do for room names) and put that into its
> respected room variable.
>
> Fili
>
> PS - I've looked for about 2 hours now, so dont yell at me for not
> looking please.
>
> PPS - Excuse bad grammer, etc. I'm REALLY tired right now

What I would suggest is that you get the room teleport code off of the
ftp site.  It has code that you add to Oasis for the teleporter.  I'm
sure
that by looking at it, you can modify it to your needs.  You will also
need to add a spot for the saving to take effect.  (in
redit_save_to_disk,
should look semi-familiar)

If you need more help, I can make a detailed howto for it.

-B