Re: Yet another problem

From: Patrick J. Dughi (dughi@IMAXX.NET)
Date: 03/07/98

> You don't need to know coding - all you need to know (and what everyone is
> saying) is that for every command in OLC, there is a SAVE argument.  For
> example, if you're editing room 201, and you want to save it, you would type
> REDIT SAVE 2, instead of REDIT 201.  The number 2 is for zone 2 (assuming
> that room 201 is in zone 2), which saves every room in that zone to disk.
> Use the SAVE argument on all your OLC commands, in the same format.  If
> you're not sure if it has saved or not, type OLC, it will show what needs to
> be save, if any.

        Hey George - there gonna be an "auto-save" config option in the
near future?  You'd be 'tha man' on this one :)

        Oh, and I could check, but is there already a check for something
like "zreset *" or "redit save *" etc.. that does well, everything?

        And, one more thing thats kinda interesting - Did you know that
having doors across zones causes bad things to happen?  Specifically if
either side of the zone (or both) set the door as open or closed, and the
zones don't reset at the same time.. or if they do, and someone has gotten
them out of sync by rediting, or zediting....
                There ought to be a check somewhere in db.c zone_reset or
what ever its called to make sure that the doors match up right after a
zone resets. I've had the fun one-side-open, other-side-closed pop up
several times :)

                                        PjD