Re: Compiling Circle Under Slackware 3.4

From: Christopher Avans (parka@CDC.NET)
Date: 03/08/98

On Sun, 8 Mar 1998, Brian Roche wrote:

> Hello, I'm hoping some of you can help with this problem.
> I'm trying to compile Circle 3.0 patch level 12 on my Linux
> box to play around with.  I'm running Linux Slackware 3.4.

 Ugh hello,

        I saw this problem before and I am quessing you installed
linux to run mud. If true or not do this: At your linux prompt
type gcc -v, this will tell you what version of gcc you using.
With this in mind(remember the version) type gcc -V 2.6.3 -v
and try again. If the problem didnt go away, delete your config.cache
and type CC=cc ./configure in your circle root dir. Go back into
~/blah/src and try make all. If the problem still exists go to
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/distributions/slackware/slakware/
and get the gcc++-(your version number)lib.tar.gz and install it.
because I solved my friends problem by installing this package
where he had same errors.

> from the "k" series of Slackware disks.  I've done this, but

if this seems a pain and you ARE using bpl12, for bpl11 has the prototype
error in most common linux OS's (the "random previuos defined..htonl
prevoius defined..etc) the goto
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/distributions/redhat/redhat-4.2/i386/RedHat/base
and try out redhat. Note I am not sayingredhat is better than slackware is
that I know red hat comes with full compile lib.

                Banyal -
I dont know everything and never will so if this doesnt work ignore me.