Re: C++ again

From: Akuma/Chris Baggett/DOOMer (doomer@BAYOU.COM)
Date: 03/08/98

At 10:13 PM 3/8/98 -0700, you wrote:
>G++ mangles function names.  You need to either make the functions C
>functions (extern "C") or provide mangled names in your table.  You can
>use "nm <object file name>" to get the mangled names.  They'll look
>something like "postmaster__FP9char_dataPviPcT3".  My specials table is
>something like:
>
>#define PROC_ENTRY(proc)        { #proc, #proc "__FP9char_dataPviPcT3",
NULL }

couldn't you just name the file from  whatever.c  to  whatever.cpp or
whatever.c++ ??
it works for me, and all my functions are fine.

>struct spec_type spec_mob_table[] =
>{
>    PROC_ENTRY(postmaster),
>    PROC_ENTRY(cityguard),
>    PROC_ENTRY(receptionist),
>    PROC_ENTRY(cryogenicist),
>    PROC_ENTRY(guild_guard),
>    PROC_ENTRY(guild),
>    PROC_ENTRY(puff),
>
>    { NULL, NULL, NULL }
>};

Maybe I just don't know what i'm talkin' about..

Code On
Akuma the Raging Coder

  | "The poets talk about love, but what I talk about is DOOM, |
  |      because in the end, DOOM is all that counts." -       |
  |   Alex Machine/George Stark/Stephen King, The Dark Half    |
  |        "Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE, Just IMPROBABLE"            |
  |   "Easier Said Than Done, But Better Done Than Said..."    |