Re: [OLC]

From: Tadrith Skandrakae (tadrith@GATEKEEP.NET)
Date: 03/09/98

>Question is i have done a command for oasisolc that (is supposed to)
>save all olc components that needs saving at once, but it seems like
>it's crashing on a redhat linux 5.0 but not on my (OLC) slackware donno
>but have any of you already done this for any reason?

        I would suggest using GDB, if you can't figure out what part of the
code is crashing. I'm not sure what systems if "comes" with, or if it's
inherent in all UNIX/Linux type systems, but it's quite a useful debugging
tool. Try "man gdb" to find out about it. Also, instead of creating a
function to save everything, why not just implement the save_to_disk
functions when you quit OLC? For example, just invoke the redit_save_to_disk
function after the quit code in redit.c...
[ Tadrith Skandrakae, Implementor of Dreamscape ]
[     - telnet://mud.dreamscape.org:1234/ -     ]
["I lay my dreams before your feet;             ]
[    tread softly, for you tread on my dreams.  ]