Re: Page_string and switched mobs.

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 03/09/98

On Mon, 9 Mar 1998, Angus Mezick wrote:

> Is it just me, or do switched mobs using commands that call page_string crash
> everyone's mud?  I had to go into modify.c and add this:

Switched mobs could page_string just fine until I added in a page_length
feature so that players could set their own page length. When I
introduced this feature, I added in a bug where switched mobs would crash
the game in page_string and its called functions.

What I did is check and see if d had an original allocated.
If it did, then I used: GET_PAGE_LENGTH(d->original)
If it didn't, then I used: GET_PAGE_LENGTH(d->character)

That solved my crash problem.

If you need more than that, let me know and I can email you a short chunk
of my code privately as opposed to the list.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>  --  http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/

--Arthur C. Clarke