Re: [CODE][CRASH]Classes

From: Raven Jade Kenago (raventhorne@YAHOO.COM)
Date: 03/09/98

---Rob O'Connor <rene@EDENEAST.COM> wrote:

> my last post..
> I corrected the compile warning by setting max # of classes in
structs.h
> to 9..
> however it still crashes just as they type Y to accept the stats they
> rolled.
>
> but it wont happen with CLASS_MAGIC_USER CLASS_THIEF CLASS_WARRIOR or
> CLASS_CLERIC  just the new 5..
> I also havnt added skills/spells for the 5 new classes, im thinking
that
> might have a small role in it?  Since I just made the classes, I had
> them in but no skills yet...

Assuming you're using stock code, did you add the statements to assign
the stats to the spots you want them? That is, there are a set of
statements that
take the numbers rolled and assign them to an order
determined by class. Such as
ch->real.abils.statname = table[0];

I don't remember off hand every step to adding classes, however it is
a safe bet if you go through class.c,
structs.h and constants.c you will find most of what needs to be
changed to get things working. Just check for things and expand them
as looks logical. If there is some structure with stuff defined for
the 4 starting classes, add logical additions to cover for your new
classes.

There's an excellent document that goes through this
process step by step, it's in an ftp directory I *think* on the
circlemud homepage. It's called class.doc and should answer every
question you have
on the matter :)

Andy