Re: perform_mover() problem

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 03/10/98

On Tue, 10 Mar 1998, Angus Mezick wrote:

> For those of you who use perform_move to have your mobs hunt and such, there is
> a minor problem.  They will leave a fight the next time perform_move is called.
> Need to add a FIGHTING() check to this function.  Ran into this when i moved my
> mob hunting into an event system.  This will probably effect that mob_path code
> that is being developed too.... careful.

My fix was similar, but I did the check at the top of the function that I
wrote called hunt_victim(). hunt_victim() is called from mobile activity.
If the mob isn't hunting anyone, or isn't standing, then the function
returns right away. If there's someone to hunt and the mob is standing it
goes on and tries to track down the player. Even goes so far as to open
doors that are in the way if the mob's intel is high enough. *grin*

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>  --  http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/

--Arthur C. Clarke