Re: Hidden rooms

From: Patrick J. Dughi (dughi@IMAXX.NET)
Date: 03/10/98

>         I'm a coder, not a "REAL" implementor.  Some of my imps are wondering how
> to make a "secret" room.  What tag goes on the door?

        I think that your best bet would be to search the list archives,
as there's a lot of conversation on this topic. Otherwise, your simple
options are:
        a) add a "secret" bitvvector to the door status types
        b) add the secret flag to the room direction_data struct.
        c) come up with something original.

        Either way, you'll probably want to modify your look_at_room
functions (probably want your immos to see the secret doors all the time),
add a "search" function or something like it that will 'find' the door for
the player, you'll probably also have to alter the "exits" command an
autoexits and the like if you have them.

                                                PjD