Re: [HELP] DG Scripts - Command Triggers

From: Brian (brian@IMI-BOTTLING.COM)
Date: 03/11/98

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Koepke <dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM>
To: CIRCLE@post.queensu.ca <CIRCLE@post.queensu.ca>
Date: Tuesday, March 10, 1998 10:18 PM
Subject: Re:  [HELP] DG Scripts - Command Triggers

>On Tue, 10 Mar 1998, Brian wrote:
>
>->Subject: Re:  [HELP] DG Scripts - Command Triggers
>
>->>if (!%arg% /= rope )
>->>osend %actor% You pull the rope.
>->
>->What type of trigger is this?  Get? Give? Command?  Global?  other? :)
>
>I know absolutely nothing about DG scripts, but really, what kind of
>question is this?  If the subject line didn't already say, I could
>guess simply from the content of the script that it was meant to
>respond to someone typing in the "pull" command.

Sorry, my subject line on the original message was cut off.  It only showed
up to "DG Sc".

Anyways, that error aside, I had asked because I tried it as a Command
trigger and as an implementor it just said "Huh?" when I tried to pull
rope.  However, a mortal walked up to it, and pulled the rope and got
teleported away.  It wouldn't work for me unless I was a mortal.  I'm
assuming there's code somewhere in the triggers to ignore IMMORT+ levels to
be affected by triggers?  This question is to everyone, BTW...

And sorry for what appeared to be a dumb question... I just wanted to
double check since it wasn't working for me as a Command trigger, or any
other trigger type for that matter...  Now it's only a question of "is that
normal?" about Immorts not being affected by an item command trigger.

 - Brian