Re: Lil Oasis-like problem.

From: Akuma/Chris Baggett/DOOMer (doomer@BAYOU.COM)
Date: 03/11/98

At 03:13 PM 3/11/98 -0600, you wrote:
>char *one_of_my_functions(int nothing) {
>  char mybuf[SIZE];
   char *mybuf;

>  switch(nothing) {
>
>    case 1:
>      sprintf(mybuf,"NOTHING IS ONE");
       mybuf = "NOTHING IS ONE";
>      break;
>    case 2:
>      sprintf(mybuf,"NOTHING IS TWO");
       mybuf = "NOTHING IS TWO";
>      break;
>    default:
>      sprintf(mybuf,"DieDieDie!!!");
       mybuf = "DieDieDie!!!";
       break;   // good C coding skills tell you to always put a break
after default:
>  }
>
>  return strdup(mybuf);
   return (mybuf);
>}
>
>        OR is there something prettier that I'm overlooking...

If what I typed is correct, it should work, because I'm assigning
the data ("NOTHING IS TWO", et al.)to a pointer (mybuf).
and the data is stored in memory like that, so there should be no need
for str_dup, especially if you are just going to forget to free() it
anyway :-P

If i'm not correct in my assumption, please feel free to correct me.
Keep in mind that flames are not necessary.

Code On
Akuma the Raging Coder

  | "The poets talk about love, but what I talk about is DOOM, |
  |      because in the end, DOOM is all that counts." -       |
  |   Alex Machine/George Stark/Stephen King, The Dark Half    |
  |        "Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE, Just IMPROBABLE"            |
  |   "Easier Said Than Done, But Better Done Than Said..."    |