Re: [HELP] DG Scripts - Command Triggers

From: Doppleganger Software (doppsoft@TZC.COM)
Date: 03/11/98

>Anyways, that error aside, I had asked because I tried it as a Command
>trigger and as an implementor it just said "Huh?" when I tried to pull
>rope.  However, a mortal walked up to it, and pulled the rope and got
>teleported away.  It wouldn't work for me unless I was a mortal.  I'm
>assuming there's code somewhere in the triggers to ignore IMMORT+ levels to
>be affected by triggers?  This question is to everyone, BTW...

Yup...no trigger fires for immortals.  This is something I fixed
immediately.  Another thing I fixed was the search routine for finding a
player with the UID_CHAR....If it find the player via the UID_CHAR, it
doesn't care if the player is invis or not (currently, being imm invis
makes you immune to any trigger anyway)

>And sorry for what appeared to be a dumb question... I just wanted to
>double check since it wasn't working for me as a Command trigger, or any
>other trigger type for that matter...  Now it's only a question of "is that
>normal?" about Immorts not being affected by an item command trigger.

It's normal.  I personally don't like it, but it's normal.

"One hundred years from now, none of this will matter because you and I
will be dead -- unless the Grim Reaper has switched his record-keeping to
a Windows 95-based system, in which case we all might live forever. "
-- Associated Press