Re: Yet another problem

From: Christopher Avans (parka@CDC.NET)
Date: 03/14/98

On Sat, 14 Mar 1998, George wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Mar 1998, Patrick J. Dughi wrote:
>
> >        Hey George - there gonna be an "auto-save" config option in the
> >near future?  You'd be 'tha man' on this one :)
>
> I made it beep if people tried to log off when they had unsaved zones on my
> MUD.  I could make it configurable so that it always does a save to disk
> whenever you edit a room although it makes much more disk access that way.
> It's better to queue up a few rooms.  I will most likely take one of the
> spare integers and make it a 'save after this many rooms' variable.
>
> Comments?
>
> PS - Yes, I'm back from vacation, burnt. :)

        Hello,

    I subsribed to this maillist for help with a port but have ended up
reading alot posts and not working to much on my port >:( hehe
bout the olc/obuild auto-save I did this exact thing with olc had it save
after 5 rooms had been edited or made. It turned out bad. A couple times
I had a guy link a room to a room in another zone and it autosaved before
he could fix it and some other stuff. All in all I returned to the 2 step
manual confirm
        Banyal