Re: [CODE] [BIG-REQUEST] IRC

From: Patrick J. Dughi (dughi@IMAXX.NET)
Date: 03/14/98

> The most popular irc bot is an eggdrop, and anyone with a shell account
> can run it. It is totally independant from your mud code...
>
> > I noticed that people with Smaug based code can run an IRC bot for their
> > MUD. Is it possible to do that with Circle? I have color implented using
> > &'s and was told that it would matter.

        Although, i'm not sure what you mean by "run an irc bot for their
mud", i'm sure you can build in irc functionality to a mud which joins
certain channels (or simply searches for active non-private channels)
jumps on and does whatever (advertise for the mud?).  Otherwise, I think
that you might want to be a bit less vague when asking for help.  I don't
think that any varient of mud out there has much to do with irc
specifically.
                                        PjD