Re: Yet another problem

From: Christopher Avans (parka@CDC.NET)
Date: 03/14/98

> >    I subsribed to this maillist for help with a port but have ended up
> >reading alot posts and not working to much on my port >:( hehe
>
> Port to what?

        I have been trying to move my mud from a sgi-irix box to a dec p75
386 box running red hat linux 5.0. Me and my fellow coders work in windows
with visual c++ then upload code to the irix box and compile it. In doing
this some rare moments I have found that some code will work fine with
the dos compiler nmake and want with the gnu cc compiler on the irix box.
        Well I have moved to box mentioned above and have ran into many
problems. Basically mud crashes when I enter stat roller. Although I can
use an old player file(it works but of course a little hosed) and can not
make the mud crash.
        So I have backed up several times to a backup that is 6 months old
and still have same problem. A friend lets me try his linux machine an
same problem. I move code back to the irix box and fine as with the NT box
at my house and a openbsd box i tried for kicks. So any ideas why one's
code would act like this on a linux OS and not on 3 other Os's.

        Banyal