Re: sbyte and pfile

From: Patrick J. Dughi (dughi@IMAXX.NET)
Date: 03/14/98

> First I can't find what sbyte or ubyte for that matter in my C book...
> what do they mean?  I see that sbyte is used for hitroll and damroll,
> but I'm not sure why they aren't just declared with int...

        I'd guess that sbyte and ubyte are for "signed byte" and "unsigned
byte", and of course, those are defined else where, i'd suggest using
"grep" to look for that in your header files.

> Second, I want to change the range of the hitroll and damroll, currently
> the max is 127.  Is there an easy way I can make this simple change
> without wiping my pfile?  or how could I save it if it must go?

        Shouldn't be a problem, I think the max is not limited by the type
of variable, but rather within the code itself. I'd grep for -127 or 127,
and GET_HITROLL or whatever the macro is called.

                                                        PjD