GET_ID (idea from DG)

From: Akuma/Chris Baggett/DOOMer (doomer@BAYOU.COM)
Date: 03/16/98

Ok, well a while back, I posted about having added
the UID_CHAR addition from DG scripts to allow for
that kinda thing in the mobprogs I currently have.
well, I found another use for it.

It's in reply to the bug in perform_tell.

everywhere in shop.c
it uses GET_NAME(ch) to do a tell,
well if  ch is an NPC (i had this bug for awhile)
it will send either the name (alias) or the short description.

either way, that's a bad thing. because you end up with stuff like.

A shopkeeper tells you, 'mobile newmonster Leave before I call the guards!!'

anyway, currently i'm modifying all the do_tell's in shop.c
to do this

sprintf(buf, "\e%d %s", GET_ID(ch), msg); // MSG_NO_SELL_CLASS
do_tell(keeper, buf, cmd_tell, 0);

this should (theoretically) work.

of course, you hafta make sure that GET_ID(ch) = GET_IDNUM(ch) if it's a PC
otherwise it's a constantly different ID number for mobiles, rooms, and
objects.

anyway, that's my fix :-)

Code On
Akuma the Raging Coder

  | "The poets talk about love, but what I talk about is DOOM, |
  |      because in the end, DOOM is all that counts." -       |
  |   Alex Machine/George Stark/Stephen King, The Dark Half    |
  |        "Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE, Just IMPROBABLE"            |
  |   "Easier Said Than Done, But Better Done Than Said..."    |