Re: [win95][OLC]

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 03/17/98

On Wed, 18 Mar 1998, Lethal Access wrote:

->*EXCEPT* for the OasisOLC patches which *NEVER* work with the patch
->port for Win95... I see that they use a totally different style of
->creating their, which is all fine and good, but screws over a bunch
->of people trying to add in Oasis.

Assuming George uses GNU diff to create the patches (and why wouldn't
he?), then any port of GNU's 'patch' program that doesn't strip
functionality (and why would it?) will work.

->However, since the percentage of people using CircleMUD on Win95
->systems to real systems is low, I guess I wouldn't care about them
->as well.

I doubt it's a matter of "caring" about Windows 95 users.  It's a
matter of whether or not it's necessary (and I don't think it is), and
whether or not he has the time to handle everyone's problems (and I
don't think he does).

In a pissy mood (that is made worse because I don't why and that's
starting to wear on my nerves and making me even more pissy--but it's
probably the headache I've had since 2p...I think I'm sick [again]),

-dak