Re: MSP Sound + [CODE]

From: Chris Jacobson (fear@ATHENET.NET)
Date: 03/18/98

On 3/18/98 2:28 PM, Marco Paglioni (m.paglioni@ESA-GROUP.IT) stated:

>i want to remove the !!MUSIC(xxxxx) e !!SOUND(xxxxxxxxx) from the buffer
>that will be sent to the player if he doesn't have a PRF_SOUNDS.
>
>wath is the fastest way to do it?
>i have a circle3pl12 with the easy color snippet
>
>:)
>thanks

MAILER CODE FOLLOWS:

endOfString = text + strlen(text);
while (*text) {
     nextMusicCode = strstr(text, "!!MUSIC");
     nextSoundCode = strstr(text, "!!SOUND");
     nextCode = MIN(nextMusicCode ? nextMusicCode : endOfString,
               nextSoundCode ? nextSoundCode : endOfString);
     while (text < nextCode) {
          *outText++ = *text++;
     }
     if ((nextOut = strstr(text, ")")))
          text = nextOut;
}
*outText = '\0';

That, when PROPERLY placed in a function should remove all occurences of
!!MUSIC(*) and !!SOUND(*)... I think :-)  Probably some bugs in there
somewhere. (like I said its mailer code - standard disclaimer applies:
you use anything, you lose anything, I didn't do it.  No technical
support available, so don't mail me with problems).

- Chris Jacobson