[Win95][OLC][Being Pissy]

From: Paul Siegel (pmsie@CONNCOLL.EDU)
Date: 03/19/98

Hi everyone - I have a few questions/comments on some very different
items, so I'm putting titles over each section so those of you who don't
care can keep scrolling:

WIN95 MCVC 5.0
*****************
Wow, I didn't mean to start such an intense discussion, I just wanted to
compile.  I write my code on a Win95 machine, but the actual mud is served
on a Linux 2.0 box.  After I change code, I have to ftp it up to the linux
box, re-make the code, do some testing, then it's back to coding and ftp,
etc.  I just want it to compile on the Win95 machine so I can debug/test
stuff locally before ftping and cut down on some wasted time.

Anyway, I added the line: '#define HAVE_SYS_STAT_H 1' to conf.h and it
compiles, but now I get to the linking stage and and I get 772 errors such
as:

boards.obj : error LNK2005: _find_board already defined in boards.obj

Just replace the .obj file name with another and the function name, and
multiply by 772.  Well, I figure since it compiles in Linux there must be
some setting I haven't set.  Has anyone else ever seen this?  Or do I have
to go into the code and write 772 ifdefs?

OLC
**************
I hear lots of talk about OLC and I've been adviced by several others to
incorporate it into my code.  I went to the cirlcemud ftp sight, and was
vastly confused by the number of versions and patches.  It reminds of work
(I work tech support on a college campus) where to move a Mac from system
6.0.1 to 7.5.3 we need to do about 5 upgrades because we don't have any
full installations.  Argh.  Well, can anyone advice me exactly which files
I will need to get the most recent version of OLC into my code?

BEING PISSY
I was impressed by how tight this listserv appeared when I first signed
on. I got lots of warnings in the initial docs that I should not write any
messages that don't pertain to the writing and maintainance of circlemud
code.  So, not to sound rude or anything, but why has this thread about
who's being pissy and who isn't gone on so long?  Don't you have some code
to write or something?