Peditor.

From: Patrick J. Dughi (dughi@IMAXX.NET)
Date: 03/22/98

        Okay, the first beta version was released, and shortly thereafter,
I discovered a trillion little errors - wihch is really okay because I
eliminated them all with a rewrite.

        Now though, I have a minor problem..  Originally, because I had to
aproximate the time of the event going off anyway, I didn't give much
thought to running through the entire character_list (all mobs and people
if I'm not mistaken). I'd hit all of them to check to see if they had
a path to run during that approximation spread. It was run from within the
mobile_activity call, so I didn't think any speed problems would popup -
it already runs through that list all the time...

        But now, I want to run every mud minute - which is pretty close to
every second. I don't want to run through the entire list every second and
do calculations on each path I encounter.

        Currently the only thing I can think of is to make a queue (say
every mud day) and check direct comparison between hour and minute to run,
and then.... we're still stuck with running through every entry in the
character list every second aren't we?

        Any help?

                                                        PjD