Re: [ANSI] Anyone got a good software for it?

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 04/17/98

On Fri, 17 Apr 1998, Jesse Scott wrote:

> If you are just looking for an ANSI editor, I would suggest TheDRAW
> (Last I knew 4.61 was the latest version.)  It can save in a whole bunch
> of formats including standard ANSI (Color, Animation, Etc) and ASCII
> (Plain Text).  It's shareware and should be easily found on the net at
> somewhere like shareware.com.  Hope this is what you meant. :)

The problem with using that program and sending the file through or
embedding it into the code is that if you send it to someone who's
terminal does not support ANSI color, then they will get tons of trash.
It's best to use something like Daniel's EasyColor (I think that's what
it's called.) add in and use the color codes from there in your string.
That way if someone does not have color they won't get a screen full of
trash.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>  --  http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/

  -- Arthur C. Clarke