[NEWBIE] Trigedit crash olcplus

From: Rob (robby@NAXS.COM)
Date: 04/18/98

I have recently got into coding circle mud and am at best a rookie coder.
I have installed the new olc package with dg scripting.  It was a patch
(I know hand installs are better but you got to start somewhere). On stock
circle30bpl12.  I've installed it several times following the directions to
the
letter. I have 2 main problems.  The first one is that using hedit to edit
my help files the help files won't save or even show up when I type help
topic.
It lets me create a help subject, but after I save it   just doesn't add
the subject
or the changes.  Ok bigger problem then that.  There is a command called
trigedit designed to edit the mob room and obj scripts.  but if you type
trigedit
and the number it crashes the mud immediately.  If you type trigedit alone
it asks for the number you would like to edit, but if you try to edit a number
the mud goes down.  Now like I said I'm a rookie coder but I know the faq and
I have some reference material so I figure I'll tackle each problem as it
comes.
But this one has me pulling my hair out.  I ran the mud using gdb, and
pasted my
results below.  I have also cut out a snippit from dg_olc.c of the lines
that look like
they are causing the problem.  I really would appreciate you guys'
experience on this.
BTW I'm new to this list so I hope I have followed all of the proper
protocols.
Thanks a bunch
Rob

---GDB---
Sat Apr 18 16:40:46 :: Robby entering game with no equipment.

0xef664668 in strlen ()
(gdb) back
#0  0xef664668 in strlen ()
#1  0xef69a36c in _doprnt ()
#2  0xef6a3544 in sprintf ()
#3  0x7c4b4 in trigedit_disp_menu (d=0x30c278) at dg_olc.c:194
#4  0x7c378 in trigedit_setup_existing (d=0x30c278, rtrg_num=0) at
dg_olc.c:171
#5  0x54ecc in do_olc (ch=0x30cf58, argument=0x30c278 "", cmd=276, subcmd=7)
    at olc.c:329
#6  0x4a380 in command_interpreter (ch=0x30cf58,
    argument=0xeffff6a8 "trigedit 1") at interpreter.c:591
#7  0x1c1bc in game_loop (mother_desc=6) at comm.c:669
#8  0x1b6a0 in init_game (port=8002) at comm.c:279
#9  0x1b624 in main (argc=1, argv=0xeffffd2c) at comm.c:249

---GDB---

---snip---

/* dg_olc.c */

  sprintf(buf,                                     /* line 194 */
#if defined(CLEAR_SCREEN)
#endif

  "Trigger Editor [%s%d%s]\r\n\r\n"
  "%s1)%s Name         : %s%s\r\n"