Re: Code bases

From: Del (Panther) (caminturn@EARTHLINK.NET)
Date: 04/20/98

Alex wrote:

> Since this is vis-a-vis CircleMUD Related... here's my response:
>
> > I wrote:
> > > Try reading documentation before just bluntly asking questions.
> >
> > Hmmmmm, lets see... I want to code in some aspect of the game, and would
> > need some help. I guess I would have to read every documentation
> > published, and HOPE that the information is out there
> Looking before asking is always a good thing.  Especially since a lot of
> the things that are asked on this list have been asked countless times
> before.  Especially when they are things like 'what's the difference
> between these code bases?'.
>
> > Is there some reason you have to assume that EVERYONE KNOWS WHERE TO
> > FIND THE INFORMATION?
> Yes.  Because of a) a large number of links are listed in the CircleMUD
> FAQ (including one to the Mailing List FAQ) some of these links point
> at the b) DikuMud FAQ which has links to other useful information places
> such as the c) MUD FAQ.
>
> So, yes, I have reason to assume that people on this fucking mailing
> list know where the fuck to look for things.  I have reason to think
> that people on this mailing list have a) enough of a clue and b) enough
> courtesy to do some searching on their *own* *before* asking the mailing
> list.
>
> Which part isn't clear?

Q5. Are there any resource archives for the mailing list?
   < link to CircleMUD page, Which in fact does have
    a link to Diku Home.(Dont see any MOO, MUSH, or other types there)>

 Now, if you wanted to find out information about C programming. Would
you buy a Windows 95 Manual? (to put it in your words) FUCK NO
So, why would I read a FAQ about a "MAILING list" to find out about
different types of MUD's??
... We can get real stupid on this subject now cant we?

And I think this part is perfectly clear, your misconception of Mailing
lists and MUDs.