Re: Circlemud design issues

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 04/21/98

On Tue, 21 Apr 1998, James Turner wrote:

>> Check out the 486k CircleMUD bpl13 patch some day.
>
>You're killing bugs, not improving design.  If all you want to do is
>kill bugs, then go ahead; but you're neglecting a very important
>aspect of code maintenance.

I have changed design, albeit limited.  Remember the main focus is on bugs,
not design issues at the moment.

>George, why are you so rabidly against change?  From the beginning,
>you've taken an adversarial approach, and made the argument personal.

I'm 'so rabidly against change' because 3.0 isn't supposed to have major
design changes.  When we finally move on to further versions, people can
submit whatever they like to be considered for inclusion. That includes
things you write, I write, and anyone else.  And on the contrary, I've
never insulted you personally.