Re: Circlemud design issues

From: Patrick J. Dughi (dughi@IMAXX.NET)
Date: 04/21/98

> anyone without moderate coding abilty).  The inode use in ascii wouldn't
> be an issue if I went with a single ascii file per player (which very few
> people want).

        One of the things I liked to do is to edit a single pfile, and
then have that person login.. the changes apparently take place
immediately (baring that which is in the player index load that is the
convienet workaround for loading up a whole file, just for basic info on a
person like name and level), and its easy.  If every player is moved to
one pfile, won't this cause problems or be impossible as sharing
violations would erase any changes... it would every time status of a
character is saved, and thats usually more frequently than even a simple
search and replace takes..

                                                PjD