Re: Circlemud design issues

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 04/24/98

On Fri, 24 Apr 1998, James Turner wrote:

>George <greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG> writes:
>
>> On Thu, 23 Apr 1998, James Turner wrote:
>>
>> >As for added flexibility -- what added flexibility is gained from:
>> >
>> >#define GET_AC(ch)        ((ch)->points.armor)
>> >
>> >None.
>>
>> The fact you don't have to remember exactly where in the structure that
>> variable is.  It will also leave all your code unchanged if you restructure
>> the char_data structure.  Typing it out has disadvantages.
>
>No advantages over

You didn't say compared to what.  You asked what added flexibility does
that give you.

I seem to have a C attitude and you seem to have a C++ attitude.  I prefer
checking when asked for and none when I don't want it, you have the "must
check everything" attitude.  When we get into all of the 'extras' you throw
into the functions such as weather affects on AC, yes, it should either be
a function or a separate macro.