Re: Circlemud design issues

From: Leonardo Herrera (leherrer@ENTELCHILE.NET)
Date: 04/27/98

John Evans wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Apr 1998, James Turner wrote:
> > George <greerga@circlemud.org> writes:
[ Some... er... "conclusions" deleted :)]

  I was following this thread for a while, but after the 456785th post I
felt really sick. But there are good things, even inside the flames. I
specially like the idea to make functions some weird macros (CAN_SEE is
one of the best examples), but some other (GET_XXX macros) are just fine
like they are.

  I think that write multi-threading safe code is probably a good idea,
but is not the point of the discussion (I guess). I don't know if
mprotect is portable enough to make it part of CircleMUD, or if we need
some special library with a customized memory manager, or whatever. But
here are some (a few) things that could be changed (CAN_SEE or even
CREATE... I don't like that too). But please note that I don't agree
with make this kind of discussion a "holy war" or a flames battle.

Saludos, and sorry for my english %)

--
Leonardo Herrera L.
mailto:leherrer@entelchile.net