Re: Circlemud design issues + OBcircle slaying

From: Alex (fletcher@DEMOCRACY.QUEENSU.CA)
Date: 04/27/98

> Has anyone done this that would like to offer some tips or what to avoid?

Not quite what you're asking, but the way we did this on VieMud was as
follows:
* We took off the limit on Object Applies, and made it a linked list.
* We added in HIT_PC, HIT_OGRE, HIT_DRAGON, HIT_NPC, etc at ~50 and up
* When you have one of these applies, it's already checked for in the
  code, so all you do is look at the object and note that it is 'HIT_PC 5'
  which simply means, +5 dmg, +5 to_hit when attacking PCs.

Ae.
--
Erm... Yeah.  Whatever.