Re: [ERROR] free short_descr choke

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 04/29/98

On Wed, 29 Apr 1998, Christopher Avans wrote:

>         When a new player quits the game the it crashs. With gdb I step up
> and backtrace and see it runs thru free_char and makes it past free_prompt
> then hangs up on free short_desc and next three frees and crashs. I have
> added structures to the player file and added free for them I added a
> ch->special.spell_memed and a free for it but it never gets to it it
> crashs on free short descr. In the config file for the port my compiler
> does not support malloc, but I assume thie is not absolutly nessacary.
>
>         O yes once the new player has did the deed and quit and it crashs
> and he re-enteres he can quit all day.

This means that when the character is first created, the memory for
short_desc is not allocated, but when he unrents, it is. You need to go
through the character creation process and make sure that you CREATE()
for anything that will later be free'd.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>  --  http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/

  -- Arthur C. Clarke