Re: More Directions Please [NEWBIE]

From: Del Minturn (caminturn@EARTHLINK.NET)
Date: 04/29/98

Daniel Koepke wrote:

> -> Are there any plans to add this functionality into the core code?
>
> No, because it's not desired by most people, and it's really easy to
> add for those that do deserve it.  In fact, it makes a pretty good
> first project for newbie coders.

What was the latest on the ballots as for voting? I vote for them!

> They don't make the world any more realistic.  Most people that have

They don't? Explain how they dont make the world more realistic?
Do you always walk N S E W to get where your going?

> the exits just use them as a way to add more rooms, and completely
> ignore the fact that in their MUD you can go north then east and end
> up in a different room than had you gone "ne" in the first place.  And
> if you did it realistically, there isn't much need for the northeast
> exit.  Unless you want to restrict your builders to using it
> sensibly...but then again, builders sometimes make rooms where going
> north then south puts you in a different room than you started in.
>
> -dak

I guess the fact that it puts 4 more exits into a room (more directions
more realistic). Also gives you 4 more locations to hide a door. Even if
you don't FULLY use all the exits. Meaning just use em for hiding doors,
secret rooms etc.. It enhances the game big time. So what if the
direction ne gets you to the room that you can go n then e.. To me it
would save a lot of typing. Again realistic..
It seems awful funny that a LOT of people add it to thier mud yet your
indications make it sound very few want it.

*One vote for extra exits*