Re: just let it drop + Carts

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@IMAXX.NET)
Date: 05/01/98

> obCircle: (THIS IS WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO ADD HERE)
>
> I am pondering adding carts to my mud.  I want to make coins have weight, and
> other various economy things, and i wish to have the players work for their
> cash.
> The debate in my mind is to have them be
> 1) a special enterable object, with a ch->in_obj obj->driver, and obj->people
> and a do_drive command or

        There is already existing enterable object code - it is not that
good.  As a matter of fact, it has several errors, and works based on (if
memory serves me right) a wierd set of room flags being set.  Typing
'enter' object simply transports you to another room.  Typing 'leave'
tries to push you back out.  I'm sure there's probably a better way to do
it.

> 2) to have the cart just be pulled by the person in question ch->cart
> and obj->puller.  I am leaning towards maybe implementing both.  I like
> number one because of the extensibility options.  people climbing into a
> portable hole and the like. I like number 2 because of the ease of use
> and you can hitch your cart up to your mount.

        As to pulling, i'd say simply go about it the same way the do_sit
code has been being discussed.  Heck - harnessing a horse could be a
special case in do_sit pretty much...

                                                PjD