Re: Copyovering on SIG..., +mprotect

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@IMAXX.NET)
Date: 05/02/98

> It is odd, because it happens on the first call of parse_message() within
> the 6th call of create_board().  Granted the boards patch is nowhere near
> stock, it works fine otherwise.
> I reproduced this crash many times.  Still haven't found a fix, so
> PROTECT and UNPROTECT are null macros at the moment :-)

        One thing I never put in code for (which is pathetic, cause its
really easy), is the check to see if the object the board is being
assigned to exists or not.  create_board() really is kinda hackish.
                        Sorry :)
        That was a good way to create a crash, although, I never had
problems with the CREATE macro - of course, I never modified mine either
:)  From the info, I'd guess that might be the problem.

                                        PjD