Re: Auto Copyover

From: Mark A. Heilpern (heilpern@MINDSPRING.COM)
Date: 05/06/98

At 10:06 AM 5/6/98 -0400, you wrote:
>On Wed, 6 May 1998, ;P wrote:
>
>>so has anyone determined a simple way to make it give you a core when
>>doing an auto copyover using the method suggested by akuma? some people
>>mentioned using abort() or forking something, but it sounded like
>>conjecture..
>
>core_dump();
>do_autocopyover();

man core_dump() doesn't give me anything.

I tried this as my SIGSEGV handler at first:

      if (fork()) force_warmboot();
      else abort();

but the core that was produced put me -near- the crash (after I walked up
the stack a
few levels), but not -at- the offending line. I cannot offer an explanation
for this. Now,
when I replaced the above code with:

    if (fork()) force_warmboot();
    else my_signal(SIGSEGV, SIG_IGN);

I end up with a more accurate core file -- i.e., I'm right where the crash
was caused.
(I know this because I've got an "admin crash" command that tries to to a
send_to_char
to NULL.)