[CODE] [REQUEST] Automapper

From: Christoffer Lundberg (avatar@ORION.BODEN.SE)
Date: 05/16/98

I have gotten hold of an automapper-code for ROM-type MUDs.
There is only one problem with this, I don't know how to
convert it into Circle-code. But if someone out there wishes
to take a shot at it, I can send you the code so you can see
what you can do.

This is not exactly a Virtual Map (which I'm desperately looking
for), but maybe it could be a cool feature to MUDs.

A road

####r####
####r####
f###*rr##
ff####r##
fff###r##

You are travelling upon a dirty old road.

Exit(s) [ n e s w ]

This is my big dream........ *smile*
I know I'm seeking the impossible here, but some people say that
they have implemented a virtual map into their MUD, but either
they do not wish to give away the code, or they have forgotten
about how they added it. I'm getting pretty tired of surfing
on the net, looking for snippets to MERC, ROM, SMAUG and other
base-codes, which involves a map.
  It is a feature that I took for granted that it was to be
available when I started my MUD. I built up the world as if
it already were connected to a V-Map (short for Virtual Map).
Now, there seems to be nothing of any V-Map code available,
and my MUD looks pretty lame with unlinked zones and totally
crazy world structure.

Well, maybe I should get some sleep now at least.

>Christoffer (Implementor at Legends[stargate.orion.boden.se 4000])

"...and with the map's fall, the whole world rumbled into ashes..."