Re: [CODE] [REQUEST] Automapper

From: Christoffer Lundberg (avatar@ORION.BODEN.SE)
Date: 05/17/98

On Sat, 16 May 1998, Joe Rykowski, Sysop wrote:

> CI>I have gotten hold of an automapper-code for ROM-type MUDs.
> CI>There is only one problem with this, I don't know how to
> CI>convert it into Circle-code. But if someone out there wishes
> CI>to take a shot at it, I can send you the code so you can see
> CI>what you can do.
>
> I'd like to take a look at the code you got.. no promises, but I was
> planning on adding a feature like this to my MUD for v2.0 (coding for
> v1.0 is taking place right now).  If I make any progress with it, I'll
> be sure to let ya know.
>
> Have you seen Medievia (205.147.247.36 4000)?  It's Diku and they have a
> "virtual map" feature (when in rooms which are not CITY or INSIDE) like you
> posted as an example...

I have, but their map is just a bunch of rooms which are mapped. I want
the Virtual Map to be a grid of coordinates (almost like the old game
Phantasia) where you move around, not a zone, but a wilderness.

The reason I posted the automapper was just that it is a good feature too.
I'm planning to have both, but that seems like a plan planned in vain.

Ever checked out the ROM 2.4 MUD called The Creator's Shadow?
They have a map like this, but the've refused my request, not even
answered me(!).