Re: What a bug!! from George at "May 17, 98 07:27:54 pm"

From: Christian Loth (sg618lo@UNIDUI.UNI-DUISBURG.DE)
Date: 05/17/98

Hiya,

  Ugh,  why Ugh? Don't you like such ifs? Better than a sunday
newspaper crossword puzzle >:)

  Honestly, this fix is the way it is because of the way
the Realm of Magic is: immorts can 'hurt' each other but
only if the victim is lower or of equal level.

  I guess more general would maybe be:

if (attacktype == SKILL_BASH && dam != 0) {
  GET_POS(victim) = POS_SITTING;
  WAIT_STATE(victim, PULSE_VIOLENCE);
}

but unlike you George, I'm not a 'general' circle coder, but am used
to the Realm of Magic code, which is very different at many places.
But I promise to improve ;)

> On Sun, 17 May 1998, Christian Loth wrote:
>
> >+  /* Position update for bash */
> >+  if (attacktype == SKILL_BASH && dam != 0 &&
> >+      !(GET_LEVEL(victim) >= LVL_IMMORT &&
> >+        GET_LEVEL(ch) < GET_LEVEL(victim))) {
> >+    GET_POS(victim) = POS_SITTING;
> >+    WAIT_STATE(victim, PULSE_VIOLENCE);
> >+  }
>
> Ugh.

- Chris

--
| Christian Loth                      | Meet me as the >Shadowdancer< in the |