Restricted Login Beyond Wizlock

From: Lord Kyu (shapeshifter@TKA.COM)
Date: 05/22/98

        Hrm, I got to thinking, there are certain people who have asked me for
access to my realm so they could toy around a little, and some people I
don't mind having access because they are friends, I am just trying to keep
a majority of the people out for right now. I was thinking, it would be
nice if there was a way I could say, okay, if the character name is "name
they emailed me" and it is in the file, then allow them to enter the game,
if not, send message "Access denied... Email admin@mudsite for access" then
disconnect them. This doesn't seem hard to do where as I could just make a
hack version of the "xnames" and go from there. I was just wondering if
anyone see's a problem with using this method.

        Oh, and this idea wasn't to be used with wizlock, but rather in the place
of it. I decided this might be a good thing to do where as I was tired of
trying to find a time when the requesting player and myself were online at
the same time and able to connect to the realm. I didn't want to leave the
site unwizlocked where as it ould allow other people to enter hom I did not
wish to be there.

- Lord Kyu -