Re: Color Defines

From: Eduo (eduo@CIATEQ.MX)
Date: 05/27/98

On Wed, 27 May 1998, George wrote:

> >Sort of but not really.  There are 4 pseudo gradient characters in the
> >ASCII character set, use of these and a different background color can
> >produce a very crude mix, also the gradients can be used without a
> >background color to acheive a crude shade of the foreground color.
>
> That's the IBM extended character set, ASCII only goes up to 127.
> So I wouldn't bet on say, a Macintosh, displaying them correctly.

It would, provided it had the proper font installed and configured.
Remember that the mac has actually more characters available than
IBM/PCs/Windows. So it just maps the characters to the symbols, which are
right if the font is right.

The point, tho', would be that using these would start making the thing
non standard/non portable/non versatile as it is right now. And I am sure
there would even be the odd windows terminal emulator that wouldn't get
them correctly.

Eduo