Re: Tracking Mobs

From: ;P (siv@CYBERENET.NET)
Date: 05/29/98

> I'm trying to implement tracking mobs. Mobs with the MOB_TRACKING flag
> would track the people who are in it's memory and attack em once they
> find the target. It seems like a pretty easy code, using graph.c's
> find_first_dir or something like that but I can't no matter what
> approach
> I try I can't get it to work. Anyone ever wrote this? I would guess so.
> Any hints on how I would go about codin this?

in mobact.c prototype hunt_victim as it is in graph.c
then add these lines..

if (HUNTING(ch))
  hunt_victim(ch, HUNTING(ch));

add the hunting var to the mob char structure (if its not already there
below the memory pointer), and have the HUNTING var set just like the
MEMORY is set, using a MOB_HUNTER flag to tell you when to assign the
variable..

the actual code for tracking is already included in stock, just not the
implementation (which is what this should do for you)

siv