Re: [GENERAL] Bandwith

From: Erwin S. Andreasen (erwin@PIP.DKNET.DK)
Date: 05/30/98

On Sat, 30 May 1998, Jesper Andersen wrote:

> Has anybody tried to "clock" how much bandwidth a mud uses in average. Less
> than 10mb per day when average 50 people on? Just wondering how much it will
> take to make a mud run.

With average of 5.82 players and 1.82 admins (for a total of 7.64
connections) since reboot, AR has been sending 486 bytes per second (and
receing 10).

Thus the average is 65 bytes per second per player. With 50 players on ALL
the time, around the clock, 276 480 000 bytes would be sent, i.e. ~ 276
megabyte.

You can probably lower that amount with 10-40% depending on how little
color you have, I think AR is very color heavy :)

3905951580 bytes (3.9 gigabyte) has been sent in the last 3 months, in
that time the all-time average player+admin population was ~ 8.