Re: Storing Obj's Draper" at Jun 2, 98 10:51:39 pm

From: Edoardo Spelta (espelta@GOEMON.POLITO.IT)
Date: 06/02/98

> Items that have -1 as their item number are usually things created
> by the MUD, like mail and corpses. The reason why they don't save is
> because they are 'unique' items, and in stock circle the rent files
> only contain information that is likely to be changed during game
> play, i.e. values. You can of course expand the rent files, to include
> the long desc, short desc, and name list, and have a fiddle at loading
> a 'blank' object prototype and overlaying these, or for things like
> corpses you can cheat. That is, store the vnum or idnum of the victim
> in one of the object values and recreate the corpse when a player enters
> the MUD. I don't suggest renting mail.
>

> What exactly are you wanting to rent?

Well i'd like to rent simple object created by the skin skill, or by some
spells.

I'd like to ask another thing..
        Since the string function doesn't work, because
        if i change an object name the mud would change
        the name of every copy of that object, to be able to do
        things like restring, should i put short-descr etc in the
obj_file_elem ?