Re: [CODE] A int/Long question

From: Lord Kyu (shapeshifter@TKA.COM)
Date: 06/04/98

> ok, I know Im gonna get flammed for this but anyway :)
>
> Right now the max amount of hps anyone can have is 30k (set max is 5k but
> Ive made it higher in the act.wizard.c).  What I wanna know is how do I
> make it so I could set a million hps or damroll or whatever, and not have
> it go to negatives, like damroll/hitroll only goes to 127, and hps 30k,
> and stats only 18, like I want my stats to be 22 max a mortal can get,
> please email me with any responses that may help.

        I usually don't jump in with comments like this, but as a newbie coder to
Circle, and me changing some of these things quite easilly, all I can say
is to read the code. It is all there, you just have to take a little time
to look at it. Make a backup and try some things. Also, use grep, find
something that is simular and grep for it, then take a look at that code,
or the code you want to change and see how it apply's. This isn't a flame,
merely a suggestion to help you become a better coder.

        Here are some hints if you may be having trouble. Do a grep for
"real.abils" when looking for changing your stats. The rest you might have
to change a lot of ints/bytes etc because they are made to be smaller
number that what you are looking for. Personally, in most cases, I never
felt more was better. I get rather bored when I can got for a half an hour
in a fight just watching hitpoints.

- Lord Kyu -