[OASIS] freedom!

From: Antioch (jeremy@YAKKO.CS.WMICH.EDU)
Date: 06/05/98

I've recently taken on the task of debugging my friends mud.  95% of the
bugs were simple.  However, I have come across one that is stumping me.
The mud crashes when a player saves a newly created mobile.  I've located
the line that the computer chokes on...it's in medit_save_internally.
The line, of all things, reads:
                               free(mob_index);

The computer accepts a free() call for mob_proto, but chokes on this one.
The machine is running RedHat 5.1.  I did a quick check to see if
mob_index was NULL for some reason, but it's not.  Any ideas why the
computer doesn't like mob_index?

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

<> Jeremy J. Jubenville                  Email: jeremy@yakko.cs.wmich.edu
<> 609 W. Lovell #10
<> Kalamazoo, Michigan 49007

 - After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressable
   is music...