Re: [CODING] plan question

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@IMAXX.NET)
Date: 06/12/98

>  is a random bunch of ascii characters.. It looks kind of ugly, believe
>  me.  Is there a way to set the default description or plan?? thoughts
>  ideas on how to get rid of those little annoying ascii things??
>  btw, using circle30bpl12

        in db.c, under the init_char, make sure that you set the plan to
NULL.  check in your function for
if(!GET_PLAN(ch)) { send_to_char("No plan.\r\n",ch); }
  or, if you'd like, in load/save char if the plan is null, set it to a
default...
  if(!GET_PLAN(ch)) {
    GET_PLAN(ch)=strdup("No plan.\r\n");
  }

                Note that existing characters will probably have neither
NULL, nor an actual plan, but probably garbage characters in there, since
they will not have had their plan initied upon creation.  However, new
characters should be okay.

                                                PjD